Thursday, April 1, 2010

I got pranked!!

Last night Mr. Cat went outside for his usual pounce-on-bugs-in-the-yard excursion and was nowhere to be seen when I put Melia to bed (he sleeps with her). Well, it came time for me to hit the hay and still no cat. I was not in the mood to stand outside calling, "kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty!" in that higher tone of voice in which you call a cat, nor did I wish to sound like a crazy person for all the valley to hear, so I just went to bed. I figured it was a warm night and he could just camp out somewhere. I got the girls up and off to school, did my normal morning things, and still no Mr. Cat to be seen. I asked the dogs to go find the cat but they just looked at me like I was ridiculous and were no help whatsoever. I got a little worried that Mr. Cat had gone off somewhere and was in trouble! So I did the whole, "Kitty, kitty, kitty!" in the higher tone of voice in which you call a cat....still no cat! hummm...this is not good. I went into Melia's room to turn off her fan, went up a few steps of her bunk bed (so I could reach the switch on top of the fan that is sitting on her dresser) and Mr. Cat jumps up from the bed and I was like, "Holy Moses!!" and I nearly fell to the floor!! He then starts purring and pacing back and forth obviously very proud of himself for pulling off this funny April fools day prank! After I got over the initial shock and rush of adrenaline I had myself a good little chuckle! Oh, Mr. Cat!!

0 comments: