Monday, November 9, 2009

Alarm Clocks

Chris and I have a sort of alarm clock system. His clock is set about 10 mins fast (something about tricking his brain to think that it's later than it actually is....whatever) and mine is set on regular time. His alarm is set for the radio and mine is that annoying buzzer and we each take turns pushing snooze until it is actually time to get up. Well, this morning his alarm went off and it was a female country singer singing, "our love has turned into...." then he pushes snooze and I sing (although half a sleep) ...."a runaway train". Now I'll have THAT song in my head for the rest of the day and I'll search all of YouTube to find the artist and hear the entire song so that one phrase doesn't drive me mad. (who sings that song anyway?) Then nine minuets later the news comes on, "...The van was found to have musical instruments and police also found (they said the weight but like I said before I was half asleep) heroin. (they said some other words that I don't remember) "and the neighborhood is run by....." THEN HE SHUTS IT OFF! Who runs the neighborhood???? Is it the cops? a gang? the neighborhood watch? WHO? I ask Chris, "who runs the neighborhood?" He says, "I don't care. I shut it off." WHAT?! how is it that he isn't even a little curious?, how can he hear half a story and not wonder about the rest? So, I'm left wondering and pondering....who runs that neighborhood? where is that neighborhood? what happened to the van filled with heroin??? Why do we have this stupid alarm clock system anyway?!
BTW~ Rosanne Cash sings the song runaway train. took me until 10:25 pm to find out

0 comments: